Please, please, PLEASE get in touch with us and let us know if we're inspiring or annoying you, if you have questions or comments, or just to say hi! We may even stop in and see you at some point!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sunset off the Boulder Turnpike

One thing that continually amazes me about this world of ours is the power the sun has to make a thing as simple as the sky more beautiful than everything else around it.  My friend Dan and I were talking a while back, and he was telling me about how he would point things such as this sunset out to people.

"Look!" he'd say to them.

"At what?" they would ask, confused. "The sky?"

I can relate to his frustration in that this isn't JUST a sky or a sunset, but it's something much more intricate. Whether you chose to understand the complication of light rays being refracted through ice and water crystals in molecules in clouds bending the colors we see, or you choose to believe a more divine painting on this gigantic canvas, a painting by the hand of God Himself... whichever you choose, this is so much more than just the sky. This is an abstract idea. This sunset is to "the sky" as a diamond is to "a rock", as a wedding is to dating, so much more than just trivial words.

Inspiration and beauty are, in fact, in the eyes of the beholder. It's not what you see, but how you decide to see it.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Awesome! I saw this sunset too! My son was the one who pointed it out to me, asking what the pink and green in the sky were. It was beautiful.
:)