Please, please, PLEASE get in touch with us and let us know if we're inspiring or annoying you, if you have questions or comments, or just to say hi! We may even stop in and see you at some point!

Saturday, December 16, 2017

The Year in Vehicles

This is one of my new favorite posts.  Check out some of these awesome means of transportation that we've come across in our travels all year!

This is a kick ass Dodge Ram Charger van.  It looks like it's been converted to a true four-wheel drive system.  It's the long-body (with the fishbowl windows on the back corners), and it has a high top.  I don't know if I'd take this thing on every single trail I'd come across, but I'd feel a lot better camping in the snow with a rig like this.


This is one of the locomotives for the Royal Gorge Route Railroad.  This one, #3104, was built in 1970, according to drgw.net, the home site for the Railroad.







Don't know much about this guy, except he was on display at the train terminal in Canon City.

This is CRRX #402, completed in October of 1949 (the same year as some people I know who share birthdays with Sigourney Weaver).  These streamlined locomotives are probably my favorite type to check out.  In my head, they mark the end of the Golden Age of Railroad.
The one and only, my dad's 1985 Toyota Tercel.  I recently drove this thing to Lamar, and the odometer turned over 333,333 miles just east of Pueblo!  To be fair, it's on it's second engine, but it's a beast in it's own right.  The bonus is that the 4wd system is true 4wd, with a granny gear, to creep you up the steepest of hills!



This is our BattleWagon... umm... Wagon?  How about the BattlePod?  That sounds good.  This is a very comfortable teardrop trailer we were given (THANK YOU IF YOU ARE READING THIS!!) earlier this year.  We took this to Arizona and we had a great time in it.  My son wasn't with us, but there was plenty of room for me, the wife, the little girl, and the dog.  And it almost got TOO hot in there, even when it
was freezing outside!
This is my family's old 4Runner behind what's the real deal, a mostly stock XTerra my friend of mine owns.  His words (which I can assure you are trustworthy) are that his XTerra has no right still being drivable.  Both of these trucks have been through the ringer.  The 4Runner's down awaiting diagnosis.  The saga continues...

Thanks for reading!  Hopefully there's another year full of awesome rigs to share with you all.  In the meantime, run with your inspiration and get on the road while it's good to go! 




No comments: